Summertime is clearly my favorite season, from the hot sunny days to the clothes you can (or don’t have to) wear. I’m so thankful that we have a pool, which I spend many a relaxing afternoon sitting next to. A few weeks ago during that intense heat wave we had, I snapped this photo while sitting poolside. It’s the perfect photo explanation of all the things I usually bring to the pool with me (aside from a towel, of course!)
1. Nourishment: There’s nothing like going out to the pool and feeling hungry, then getting dizzy and nauseous from the heat on an empty stomach. Be sure to bring yourself a little sandwich or some snacks to munch on. That is, healthy ones of course 🙂 Pictured: shredded chicken & sliced tomato on Udi’s Gluten-free bread.
2. Water: Water is right up there with the nourishment. If you don’t keep your body hydrated on those uber-hot days, you’ll start to feel lightheaded. If you don’t feel affects, your body still has them. Your skin and hair especially will be quite crispy and coarse!
3. Amazon Kindle: This is my favorite little gadget. It’s so easy to slip into a beach/pool bag and carry along with you, rather than lugging around unnecessary amounts of reading or a chunky book. Plus, I download word games and play along at the pool!
4. Magazines: I almost never go to a pool or beach without a magazine on hand, even if it’s one I’ve read multiple times already. Pictured: Lucky & Harper’s Bazaar
5. Cell Phone: Of course, I have to have my cell phone. It’s absolutely necessary to keep up with the latest twitter happenings. (wink, wink!)
6. Lotion: To keep my bronzed skin, I always apply some tanning oil. And of course, be sure to carry along sunscreen (not pictured). Many of my daily moisturizers contain sunscreen so I don’t have to reapply as I run out the door!
What are your poolside (or beach) essentials?
Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini Floral High Ne...
Get the Look
love this outfit
Ruffle Cardigan by Philosophy di Lorenzo Sera...
Hunza G Fall
Acne Studios Collection