The second guide – for the holiday hostess.. whether she has the mostess or not! Now that I live in my apartment, I am totally into hosting little get togethers (even if just with my sisters) and having little hostess knick knacks, cute sweet, or pretty accents make all the different. Sometimes you just need a few things to pull the whole evening together. If you’re headed off to a holiday party soon and just don’t know what to bring, look no further than below! The holiday hostess (that DOES have the mostess) will always appreciate another cozy throw or some festive room refreshers – trust! I’m breaking down each of the gifts below,
THROW // CANDIES // REED DIFFUSER // TRUFFLE OIL // TRUFFLE SALT
CANDLE // CHEESE KNIVE SET // HOST BOOK // TRUFFLE BUTTER
WREATH // BAR CART // PLAID MUGS // HOT COCOA
GIFT GUIDE .. FOR THE HOLIDAY HOSTESS
1. Gray Fringe Throw – Trust me when I say no one can ever have too many throws.. I am living proof if anything! I actually got this gift idea from my mom – ever since I can remember, she has always gifted throws to anyone and everyone. It’s the perfect gift to give because it’s something every single person can use! A hostess will be so glad to curl up in her new blanket after a long night of holiday party hosting.. I promise you!
2. Sugarfina Candies – hello, everyone’s obsession?! If you aren’t on the Sugarfina train, you are surely missing out. Just go ahead and tell who wouldn’t want to snuggle up with their new throw plus these little yummies!
3. Reed Diffuser – Another gift that’s good for nearly anyone and everyone, but especially the hostess. A diffuser is something she’ll be able to open and start using right away – think entryway or bathrooms.. both heavily trafficked areas during holiday parties, am I right?!
4. Truffle Oil, Truffle Salt, & Truffle Butter – Need I say more? Honestly, I’d bring these to any party and tell the hostess she should crack them open right that second.. I mean, seriously! Anyone who needs convincing to eat truffle must have a screw loose if you ask me.. hehe.
5. Diptyque Delicious Spices Candle – Just like the diffuser, it’s a gift she can open and enjoy right through the holiday season. I’m a sucker for candles and always put them on my own list!
6. Marble Cheese Knive Set – how chic is this little set? Your hostess most likely already has a set of these (if she’s a good hostess), but this is the perfect gift to give the new hostess, or someone who’s recently moved into a new home. Everyone likes a refresh sometimes!
7. ‘Host’ Book – the second I saw this book, I added it to my own Christmas wishlist! This book gives tips on everything from eating, drinking, and entertaining both smaller intimate dinners to large scale holiday parties. I always find those who have the hostess thing down pat so fascinating.. maybe this book would help? What hostess wouldn’t love more fun ideas to incorporate into her dinner parties!
8. Boxwood Wreath – A boxwood wreath is quintessential Christmas if you ask me, and wreaths can be used in so many ways. Spoiler alert – I actually user one as a centerpiece during Christmastime on my dining table, so why not gift one of these that a hostess can use in so many ways. Grab a bottle of wine to bring a lot and you’re good to go to that holiday party!
9. Bar Cart – Your hostess most likely already has a bar cart or some kind of bar station, but there’s nothing another one can’t hurt. What about a cart to wheel around the house and pick up used glasses, dishes, etc.? Or what about the girl who just moved into her first apartment or new wifey that is trying to pull her home together? Target is my favorite spot for great bar carts and this gold one is no exception! Plus, it’s on sale right now.
10. Plaid Mugs & Hot Cocoa – Remember that throw we decided was the best gift idea ever? Well pair it with some cute festive mugs and delicious hot cocoa and you’ve got yourself the gift package of your dreams! I bet that hostess will love to unwind her night with a cup of cocoa cozied up by the fire.
Shop all of my hostess gift ideas below.