You guys. When I say this recipe is positively awesome, it’s positively awesome. Like dancing in my kitchen from awesome type awesome. Okay, sorry I’ll stop saying awesome. I’ve been so intrigued by the cauliflower craze – using it as a mashed “potato”, rice, and now pizza crust. It’s loaded with protein, B vitamins, magnesium, and a great source of fiber while low in fat + cholesterol. Why don’t you eat more of this again? Right. I’m not sure either.
So, let’s get to it. Preheat your oven to 450. To make the crust you need the following:
1 cup of raw cauliflower (riced)
1 egg (beaten)
1/2 cup of mozzarella (optional, but I used for the first go around)
1 clove garlic (minced)
- To rice cauliflower – pulse in blender until it is in small, rice like chunks. You do not want to puree it by any means, so be careful to pulse quickly. Once your cauliflower is riced, place in bowl and microwave for 6-8 minutes (or until tender).
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. If you don’t have parchment paper, greasing your pan will do.
- Mix all ingredients – cooked cauliflower, egg, mozz, garlic, and spices. I am never one to measure spices – I eyeball them according to my liking and you should to!
- Put mixture onto a cookie sheet, patting into a round circle, ensuring it is not too thick.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Depending on how brown you like your crust, you can leave it in as long as you’d like. I like mine crispy!
- Remove from over + top with whatever your heart desires. In my first go around I topped with homemade tomato sauce, sliced onion, tomato, broccoli, pepper, olives, and little spoonfuls of goat cheese. Place back in over to melt any of your cheese + slightly cook your veggies.
- Gracefully stuff your face with a pizza that really tastes like real pizza!
This recipe is seriously the bomb dot com. I made it again the following night with a slightly different veggie mix and devoured it in seconds. It’s an excellent, healthy version of “pizza” not mixing in any form of flours or doughs – even gluten free ones. Guilt free eating while fueling your body with lots of necessary nutrients, vitamins, and minerals – and your taste buds won’t suffer.
Who’s going to be first to make this recipe?! I’m so eager to hear your thoughts – drop me a comment, shoot me an email, or give me a tweet! I’d love to know your thoughts + if you twist the recipe up your own way too.
*This recipe is gluten free.
This sounds amazing!!
Bookmarking the recipe now! It’s always nice to have healthy alternatives for my favorite foods. 🙂
Looks soooo yum girly! This has been on my to-make list for awhile now even though I’m not gluten free. I just love pizza and any variation on it is of interest to me!
I just made this the other day, it’s seriously AMAZING. I am the pickiest eater I know and even I thought it tasted exactly like pizza crust 🙂
Interesting recipe for a healthy pizza…
I knew cauliflower could be used as rice… but PIZZA crust!!! You just blew my mind, it’s basically paleo pizza! I’m doing this tomorrow for dinner 🙂
Love your blog, following you!
What a great idea! That pizza looks so delicious. I want to eat some right now! Def need to try this one!
I love pizza & its date night! Sooo looks like I am making this tonight!!! I’ll let you know how it goes! Ps- this may be super blonde to ask, but is this paleo? I am just getting into that and still getting familiar with it!