You guys. When I say this recipe is positively awesome, it’s positively awesome. Like dancing in my kitchen from awesome type awesome. Okay, sorry I’ll stop saying awesome. I’ve been so intrigued by the cauliflower craze – using it as a mashed “potato”, rice, and now pizza crust. It’s loaded with protein, B vitamins, magnesium, and a great source of fiber while low in fat + cholesterol. Why don’t you eat more of this again? Right. I’m not sure either.
So, let’s get to it. Preheat your oven to 450. To make the crust you need the following:
1 cup of raw cauliflower (riced)
1 egg (beaten)
1/2 cup of mozzarella (optional, but I used for the first go around)
1 clove garlic (minced)
- To rice cauliflower – pulse in blender until it is in small, rice like chunks. You do not want to puree it by any means, so be careful to pulse quickly. Once your cauliflower is riced, place in bowl and microwave for 6-8 minutes (or until tender).
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. If you don’t have parchment paper, greasing your pan will do.
- Mix all ingredients – cooked cauliflower, egg, mozz, garlic, and spices. I am never one to measure spices – I eyeball them according to my liking and you should to!
- Put mixture onto a cookie sheet, patting into a round circle, ensuring it is not too thick.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Depending on how brown you like your crust, you can leave it in as long as you’d like. I like mine crispy!
- Remove from over + top with whatever your heart desires. In my first go around I topped with homemade tomato sauce, sliced onion, tomato, broccoli, pepper, olives, and little spoonfuls of goat cheese. Place back in over to melt any of your cheese + slightly cook your veggies.
- Gracefully stuff your face with a pizza that really tastes like real pizza!
This recipe is seriously the bomb dot com. I made it again the following night with a slightly different veggie mix and devoured it in seconds. It’s an excellent, healthy version of “pizza” not mixing in any form of flours or doughs – even gluten free ones. Guilt free eating while fueling your body with lots of necessary nutrients, vitamins, and minerals – and your taste buds won’t suffer.
Who’s going to be first to make this recipe?! I’m so eager to hear your thoughts – drop me a comment, shoot me an email, or give me a tweet! I’d love to know your thoughts + if you twist the recipe up your own way too.
*This recipe is gluten free.