I was in Chicago this past weekend for a leadership/CEO focused training with Young Living (which was AMAZING) and thanks to all of you, had so many amazing recommendations for restaurants and things to do. Lots of you asked if I could share the recommendations I got, so here it is! I’m also sharing a few of the spots we went that were incredible and absolute must go to’s if you’re headed to Chicago any time soon.
There is clearly so much to do, explore, eat, and see in Chicago – I didn’t even tap the tip of the iceberg on this city! I’m so looking forward to heading back and experiencing all that it is. But for now, this will do 🙂
If you have more recommendations, leave them in the comments so I can update this post too!
I was in Chicago with one of my best girlfriends, Brittney, for the weekend and we SURE ate our way through it! We totally went ALL OUT at every spot we went to, and it was so so worth it. I’m such a foodie + love trying new things, so ordering one thing on the menu is hardly ever an option! Thankfully Britt is the same way and we just ordered as much as our hearts desired.
Our first stop was the highly popular and recommended Hampton Social – I totally felt like I was in Montauk you guys.. with the vibe, food, and frosé! The Hampton Social has one of the most instagrammed placed in all of Chicago with it’s ‘rosé all day’ wall so of course we had to snap a few photos there! It’s a must see when you’re in Chicago, so definitely have this at the top of your list. In the summer they have a back patio area open which makes for a fun night out or perfect spot for a day lunch!
What Did We order.. More like, what DIDN’T we order! This was honestly maybe top 5 meals I have ever had. SO delicious you guys.
- Lobster Guacamole – adding the lobster is an option and we 100% opted in! This guac was made fresh with lots of cilantro + fresh corn. Plus the fire roasted salsa on the side? HEART EYES.
- Shrimp Tacos – these were BOMB. The spicy slaw was just the perfect amount of spicy with that yummy salsa again + the most delicious drizzle of aioli. I’ll eat these every day, thanks!
- Tuna + Avocado bowl – this sounds so simple, but it was out of this world! The tuna was cooked just right, and the aioli + umami sauce was to die for.
- Frosé – this was a must! They’re known for this so of course ya girl had to get a glass! I now want frose every single day. Yep.
I seriously would have come back here for every meal to try more things – so so good!
Goddess and the Baker
Next up Britt and I stopped at a cafe called Goddess and the Baker. One of the girls on our team recommended this to us and it was well worth it! We headed down for afternoon lattes and a little sweet treat. I am totally not a sweets person (you guys know I love my popcorn!) but got a cookie anyways since they had gluten free options. Confession: I had less than half of it. ha! There’s tons of yummy drinks to pick + choose from on the menu, but we opted for the glitter lattes, so unique! And we totally left with glitter all over our lips too.
Our last night, we had dinner at Sunda– one of the most popular sushi places with raving reviews + recommendations. Oh. My. Gosh. Maybe the best sushi I’ve ever had! Make sure you make a reservation cause this place is pretty much always packed! We totally went ALL OUT this meal + ordered so much food. I’m pretty sure our waiter thought we were nuts! But it was so worth it. I didn’t snap any pics since it was pretty dark in there, but here’s what we ordered:
- Crispy Brussels Salad – this is the most popular thing on the menu, so naturally we HAD to try it! It was so delicious.. warm, roasted brussels shaved real thin with some cabbage + carrots and a delicious chili dressing. It is a huge portion too, so definitely great for sharing! We couldn’t even finish it
- Tiger Shrimp Tempura – Britt had been to Sunda once before and said this was amazing, so we ordered it again. It’s not gluten free, but i still had to have a bite + try it. SO GOOD! (how many times have I said that this post?!) The candied walnuts + aioli on this totally make the dish!
- Duck Fried Rice – you guys, hands down the best rice I have ever had. I can’t even explain the flavor burst in this. Plus duck is one of my fave meats!
- Spicy Tail of Two Tunas – we ordered 3 sushi rolls, and this was one of them. So fresh + so good, good.
- Lobster + Wagyu Roll – ummm truffle + lobster + wagyu?! SIGN. ME. UP. Three of my favorite things in one roll. This was amaaaaazing.
- Baked Snow Crab Handroll – Britt got this roll + it comes almost like a spring roll (not fried).
- Blackberry Limeade – I ordered this drink instead of a glass of wine for something refreshing and this totally hit the spot! Loved the mix of blackberry + rosemary – never had that before but it was so good!
So you’re probably wondering how the heck two girls ate all of that?! We didn’t, but I killed the rest of the sushi an hour later when we got back to our hotel room. Don’t ever let someone tell you girls can’t eat. haha!
Alright, so lots of you guys sent sooo many more amazing recommendations that I wish I had time to try/do! Here’s the full list below with whatever you guys recommended. Lots of these were duplicates which probably means they’re amazing!
High Tea at the Drake (you guys know I love tea + anything with a high tea, so thanks for sending this one! Top of my list for next time)
J Parker Rooftop – drinks
Big Star – tacos + margs
Chicago Pizza + Grinder – classic experience
Neon Wilderness in Wicker Park – drinks
Lou Malnatis – deep dish pizza
Mercadito – Mexican
Wild berry – breakfast + brunch
Girl + Goat
Au Cheval – burgers
Restoration Hardware Cafe – VERY highly recommended
The purple pig
The Signature Room
Green City Farmers Market
Lincoln Park Zoo
Punch Bowl Social – games + drinks
J Parker Rooftop
London House Rooftop