Sweet Camille of Paris in Pink tagged me today in her post “I Love Your Blog!” Here are my responses to the questions 🙂
1) Why did you create the blog?
I created my blog first and foremost because I have always wanted to have one! Second, I love to write, and I love to write to other people. Blogging is a unique way of doing this. Now that I am a growing blogger, I’ve come to realize my passion for it and how much I really love it. It’s a way for the writer, me, to express myself and the reader to really get to “know” the one behind the writing. It’s a way to express your interests and passions and that’s something I’ve always wanted to do. I created the Taste and Style Files with the intention of covering everything and anything from recipes, exercising, travel, and fashion.
2) What kind of blogs do you follow?
All different kinds! I don’t particularly like certain blogs, but rather I like certain things about blogs. I like blogs in which I am able to learn about the reader and their personality, and see their passions through their writing. I don’t want to just stare at their outfit of the day or the steps of their recipe. Of course, I like doing this, but if that’s all blogging was I don’t think I’d like it as much. Anddd, I am always so eager to find new blogs and create blogger friendships!
3) Favorite makeup brand? I love Bare Minerals, it’s all I use! It’s a light mineral powder that effortlessly goes on for an au-natural glow. I start with a medium foundation, then apply warmth (bronzer), followed by a little tuft of blush on my cheeks. Because it’s mineral based you don’t get that cakey-ness you would from other products.
4) Favorite clothing brand? Oh goodness, I can’t pick just one! Alice & Olivia is probably my favorite designer, along with Burberry. And I love Nanette Lepore’s pieces, they’re so girly and likable. As for brand’s that I wear, Madewell, J. Crew, H&M are just a few of my favorites.
5) Your indispensable makeup product? Mascara and Lip Gloss! I hardly ever go out of the house with at least one tube of lip gloss somewhere by my side. 🙂
6) Your favorite color? Pink. I’m a girly girl at heart! Though I often find myself wearing white or black half of the time, haha.
7) Your perfume? I don’t really have one signature go to scent, I wear multiple different perfumes depending on the day and what I am wearing or where I’m going. Two of my favorites are DKNY Be Delicious and Daisy by Marc Jacobs.
8) Your favorite film? The Notebook, yes it’s a sappy love story, but it’s beautiful. I love The Holiday too! And then there are the oldie-classics like Meet Me in Saint Louis & Seven Brides for Seven Brothers that I could watch over and again.
9) What country would you like to visit and why? Oh, does this have to be a question? I love to travel and want to go so many places! I’d love to visit France to see the Eiffel Tower, of course. I have a little obsession with the Tower 😉 hehe. And I’ve always wanted to go to Greece. It always looks so beautiful in pictures and it’s surrounded by water in so many areas. I love to be anywhere near the water!
10) Write the last question and answer it yourself.
Who is your style icon and why?
Blake Lively. Whether she is roaming the streets of the Upper East Side filming Gossip Girl or strutting along the red carpet, that girl looks fabulous. I don’t know if she’s ever donned an ensemble I don’t like! Oh, if I could just borrow her closet for one day!
There you are, friends! Now, I’m eager to see what these five ladies answer when I pass it on to them 🙂
And thank gooodness tomorrow is Friday 🙂