I had high hopes to snap some style shots today (including throwing on an outfit I wanted to share from the other day, but didn’t get to snap) but we are currently covered in 6+ inches of snow in wintery Connecticut. So, my dear bloggy friends, the shots will have to wait!
I have been so busy lately – with work + life, but also with this blog. And no, you aren’t exactly seeing my “busyness” come to life here on the blog, yet. The busyness is more up my sleeve, or in my head.. ya feel me? I’m going through lots of life changes. Heck, I just went into Apple and bought a new MacBook Pro yesterday, talk about spontaneous. But, while I was purchasing my new ‘Book from my the guy Dave at the Apple Store, we got talking business. In a few words or less I just told him that as I grow and mature, I’ve realized that my blog needs to do the same. This little gal is a reflection of me, who I am, what I love, and why. If she ever ceases to do that, then she shouldn’t be.
I was proud of myself. For openly admitting that I’m changing – rapidly and most excitedly. In the past month or so, I’ve reflected quite a bit on the past year, of how far I have leaped in some areas, changed in others, and yes, stayed the same in a small few. I am proud to be where I am, and more than grateful to be where I am not. I am no means where I thought I would be or where I had planned to be. Lord knows I am always trying to plan. But such is life, and that’s okay. Life has brought me to a place I am fully content being at right now.
Part of that contentment comes from a hard lesson that I am still learning: letting go. I have always tried to keep a tight grip on everything in my life, stressing myself out in the process. I plan way too much, and try to micromanage every minute of my day to get everything possible done (although we all know I just end up on pinterest..!) And you know what? It’s so not worth it. You can respond to those 10 emails tomorrow, it’s ok. The world will not fall apart just because you’re a blogger and have a full inbox, people. Trust me. Just let it all go. Don’t worry about where you are going to be a year from now, or five years from now. Because wherever you think you’ll be, or plan to be, is where you sure AREN’T going to be. So why waste the cookie binge, tissue box, and sappy movie on an issue you ultimately have no control over? I know, makes sense doesn’t it.
Now you ask, what else have I learned? Here’s a few more things:
- Be spontaneous. [Life is too short, buy the shoes! Or bag. Or jacket. Or MacBook. Or whatever you want.]
- Cook more. [I was recently officially diagnosed as a celiac + am excited to share this journey with you all. Health is important to me and as a result it’s one of the few changes I’ll be bringing to SC: my journey as a celiac, ever growing healthy lifestyle + sharing more of what I cook! Because we all know one of my favorite places is my kitchen. Be prepared for the healthy/foodie posts to come roaring back – Who doesn’t like more food?]
- Laugh at everything and find someone who will laugh with you. [I was never one to just laugh at everything, but you know what? There’s no reason not to. I have a few dear friends that I have been graciously blessed to find and laugh with. They know exactly who they are. It makes every day a joy to live!]
- Give more love. [I am blessed with such a large family (six sisters), and one of my greatest joys the past year has come from giving more to each of them. Whether this is time, things, hugs, or a steady hand to hold. There’s nothing quite like seeing their faces light up with joy + excitement! I guarantee there’s someone in your life that needs more love. Maybe it’s even yourself. Take the time for that person, or take the time for you. It’s worth every second.]
- Keep calm.. [I have a hard time with this. Honestly. Patience is not my greatest virtue. But freaking out about anything never helped anyone. Or your stress levels, prone-to-break-out skin, or waist line. Let’s be serious.]
- ..And move on. [I have moved on from a few circumstances this past year, and it has proved to be some of the greatest decisions of my life yet. Yes, it was scary. But for like two seconds. You know deep down if there’s something in your life that shouldn’t be. Stop holding on to it, and get rid of it. Take the plunge. I promise you’ll soon be living in a happier tomorrow.]
|I have quite the little tea obsessed these days.|
As my life changes, Style Cusp changes. I have to be honest and say I don’t know what all of those changes entail, but I am excited to find out and enjoy the ride. Join me?
And, you know what’s funny? That I have tried to write this post quite a few times now and every time I try, the words just don’t come out right. Today I had every full intention of just posting a few inspiration/instagram photos and being done for the day but the words just flowed, came right out exactly as they should.
See, I told you I’m being more spontaneous.