JACKET // WALLET // SANDALS // LUGGAGE // TRAVEL WRAP
DENIM // NUDE HEELS // WHITE DRESS // LEOPARD CLUTCH // DRESS
Sales can be so overwhelming. Your favorite retailer launches one of their few yearly sales and you rush to the site to find a few things to buy! Instead, get lost in the vortex of 100 pages of dresses, too many nude heels, and at a crossroad of what jeans to buy because they all virtually look the same. You leave the site frustrated because you “didn’t find anything”, and disappointed you couldn’t score something in the sale like the 189 other people you know.
Girl, trust me… I’ve been there.
When sites like Shopbop and Bloomingdales (25% off, use code FRIENDS) have their Friends + Family Sales, I usually like to pick items that are investment pieces. The ones that will hang in my closet for seasons to come, and be pieces I consistently reach for, rather than the one trend item I’ll wear 2 times and add to my Poshmark pile.
Sounds easier said than done right? I mean, how do you know which pieces fall into the ‘investment piece’ category?
That where I come in. I’ve officially saved you from the let down of not finding something on a site that has thousands of items, and being satisfied with your purchase before it even arrives via your UPS truck.
I’ve rounded up my top 10 picks for classic/investment pieces to purchase in this Shopbop Sale.I’ll break them down for you below! Also, anything with my pineapple logo next to it in the above collage is a piece I actually own and highly recommend.
1. Faux Leather Draped Jacket // I’ve worn this piece too many times to count, over dresses, tees, tunics, and the list goes on. It comes in 4 colors and is great for all seasons. This draped jacket also makes for a great travel layer – plus it’s super comfortable!
2. Fold Over Wallet // I think a wallet is one of the things we tend to always overlook. But it’s really important to not only have a quality wallet, but also one that’s functional. I like being able to open a wallet and see everything, rather than have hidden compartments and things stacked on top of each other.
3. Gladiator Sandal // If you don’t have a pair of gladiator sandals, it’s time to get one. They’re hardly a trend anymore, but rather a closet staple that you can wear from June – September. This studded pair is so versatile and can easily be worn more dressy in this gold color!
4. Carry On Luggage // I recently raved about this luggage set on my snapchat, but if that’s a little out of your price range, then I suggest scooping up this piece in the Shopbop sale. Luggage isn’t something you want to pinch pennies on – think of all the wear and tear your bags go through. When you look out the airplane window at the airport crew throwing bags around, don’t be naive to think the same isn’t happening to yours! You have valuables and want to protect them in a suitcase that gets more than 3 flights out of it! (THIS is another great piece of luggage, stylish yet functional!)
5. Cashmere Travel Wrap // I’ve shared this travel wrap with you guys an obnoxious number of times – if you’re sick of it, not sorry! It is the BEST. I bring this wrap with me anytime I leave my house traveling, whether it’s a road trip or long flight. On my flight to Austin, my legs ended up being cold and this is big enough to use as a throw and warm up. It’s pricey, but 150% worth the investment. Buy it now on sale!
6. Distressed Denim // I get it, there’s a million and one pairs of distressed denim out there to pick from. But this pair is still classy in the darker wash while working the distressed touch into your look. You can easily wear this pair of denim with anything, and it’ll wear so well – compared to the $35 cheapies you might pick up at Forever 21. (#sag, no thanks!)
7. Nude Heels // A strappy nude heel is right up there with a classic black pump. These should be your go to summer shoes for any occasion – Sunday brunch, wedding showers, church, reunions, weddings, with denim, you name it. I pack a pair of nude strappy heels with me every time I travel – they go with anything and you never know when you’ll need a heel to wear!
8. White Lace Dress // Just like an LBD, a little white dress is a closet staple. This lace one is gorgeous – dress it up with your nude strappy sandal, or down with your gold gladiators. You can even throw the draped faux leather jacket over it if it’s chilly!
9. Leopard Clutch // Leopard has been a neutral ever since I can remember. I bought this clutch a year or so ago and love the pop it adds to my looks – whether a classic look, with an LBD, or with red (my favorite!)
10. Shift Dress // If your closet doesn’t have at least one shift dress, then you’re missing out! Shift dresses are my go to for errand days, when I want to be comfortable but polished, or really – anything. This nude dress is great for the warmer months, but you can also snatch up this long sleeved version for cooler days or the fall. It’s fitted, but not too fitted (aka you can still go out for Mexican and fit in your clothes!)