I've never been a huge fan of Valentine's Day - just because it makes everyone who doesn't have a valentine feel like some sort of unimportant, insignificant person. And, because if your day is anything less than what you have concocted in your mind, it's completely ruined - regardless of whether you have a "valentine" or not. Last year, I sadly fell into the latter category - I had a "valentine" who didn't so much as flinch that it was that annual day of love and I was devastated - all because the calendar says it's "Valentine's Day". My mom saved the day and we ended up sneaking out for a movie together, enjoying some good girl time + laughs.
This year, I have a fun dinner planned with one of my best girlfriends. We made reservations at a new-to-us local spot and are going to dress up in something pretty, put on our best red lipstick, and click our heels (or snow boots, geez) off to a glam night! We are even going to make a second stop at the cinemas to see Safe Haven, probably like the rest of the 'valentine world' on Thursday. I'm so looking forward to it! What are your valentines day/night plans?
I've pulled together a few little gift ideas for you - maybe you need some last minute inspiration for that special someone, your mom, or your BFF that you're going to dinner with. I don't think it's necessary to go all out, just a little something to let someone know you love them is the perfect gift.
1. Because who doesn't love a new phone case ...DVF for that matter. // DVF phone case, $40
2. You can't go wrong with a classic red nail. // Essie Russian Roulette, $8
3. An eye mask is essential for good sleep! // Mary Green Sleeping Mask, $26
4. Rose Duet - candle for two? // Diptyque, $65
5. Can't I look cute in the rain too? // Felix Rey Umbrella, $65
6. Anthro candles not only smell heavenly but are so pretty! // Caya Candle Tins, $20
7. Hand written letters will never go out of style. // Anthro Little Hearts, $14
8. Stackable rings. Enough said. // Baublebar Gold Stacked, $26
9. J.Adler makes the quirkiest, but they really work kinda pieces. // Jonathan Adler Muse Bowl, $98